After reading Easton "Goodnight Gorilla" (GREAT bedtime story by the way!) I was tickling his back & singing (ever so beautifully...) "Twinkle Twinkle" (a nap & bedtime MUST!!!). I told him, "Good Night Buddy, I love you." He oh so sweetly whispers, "I love you, Mama"....
Ahhhh so, sweet....melts your heart right?....Then he starts to giggle....Here it comes..."But you're not my buddy...DADDY'S my buddy!" Ouch!!! Always one with a quick comeback, I say, "Daddy's your buddy and I'm your best friend (
waaaaaaaay better than "buddy" anyways!)" Equally as quick, he answers, "Nope!" I run through every
synonym of buddy with no luck.... I'm just "Mama".
I just realized I used alot of parenthesis (that's weird) :)
Kids are so honest-LOL I'm sure he adores you more than you know!!!
ReplyDeleteMotherhood is the MOST important job on this Earth!!! I have the greatest respect for you and all the moms out there :)