Monday, June 14, 2010

Bye-Bye Bellies, Hello Babies...

The picture on the left was taken on Memorial Day. Less than 12 hours later I would give birth to the baby girl I've always wanted...Finley Claire. Fast forward three days later and Jamie would deliver a beautiful baby boy...Holden Ryne.
It seems like just yesterday I got a text late one night from Jamie asking if I was awake. I instantly knew this meant she was pregnant too!! Having a fellow pregnant buddy was beyond fun this time around. We could whine about feeling nauseous, tired and such during our first trimester. Compared those early ultrasounds. Laughed about the "tool" they use for those early ultrasounds. As our bellies grew we compared how and where are bodies were changing. We laughed about the cute things our kids thought about the babies on board. We ate ALOT of lunches together and even more ice cream together.
Literally we were walking cliches for
pregnancy when it came to food...
Extra cheese? Yep!
Chocolate dipped cone? Obviously!
Are you hungry again too? Assume the answer is always yes!
We were both over the moon when we found out it was a boy for them and a girl for us (just what we'd been wishing for!) Jamie & I even took our hubbies and registered for cute baby gear together (which was then followed by a tasty steak dinner...naturally.) As the weather warmed up we both threw caution to the wind and put on our bikinis (rockin' it big belly style, as Jamie referred to it) and laid out by the pool with the kids...this led to many laughs about the oddities are belly buttons were shaping into...although I think I won that contest, seriously it was FREAKY looking and really poked out when I laughed. This only made us laugh more. Even more when Easton said our bellies were, "Gigantic!" We shared countless text messages when we weren't together about how the other was feeling and when we thought the big event was coming. We celebrated the babies with two super cute showers.
We hung out until we literally went into labor.
Jamie...I just want to say a great big thanks for making this pregnancy so much fun! I appreciate all the times you listened when I complained about morning sickness, not fitting into my clothes, contractions, our mutal fear of the epidural needle (who knew that should have been the least of my worries this time!). It was so cool comparing notes after doctors' visits and laughing about the "glamorous" gifts that pregnancy brings. I couldn't have picked a better girl to share 40 weeks (give or take) with! :) Love you to pieces! Can't wait to see our kids play and grow together!
"Do the roar!!"

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations, she is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome you two had each other through such a wonderful time in your lives!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. one of my favorite blogs of yours :) let me know when your ready for kid number three, maaaaybe by then ill be ready for number two...if you're never ready that might be OK too! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, she is so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete