Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Po-tato-Pah-tato....Gorilla-Ga-will-wah



This blog is for no other reason than I don't want to forget Easton's dialect at this very moment. He's speaking less and less like a baby learning new words and more like the big kid he keeps reminding us that he is becoming.
This was all prompted by bedtime a few nights ago.
We were reading his favorite book, "Goodnight Gorilla" (which I will be buying for my niece Sawyer when she arrives in February!!). We have this running joke every night in which I ask him what story he wants to read, knowing full well the one he will choose. He then giggles over to the basket of books and grabs the Gorilla story and waits for me to feign distress...this is hilarious to a 3 year old. On this particular night he hands me the story and says, "Read Goodnight Gorilla." I almost fall off his bed! He said gorilla perfectly! This is a first! I loved the way he used to say it, "Ga-will-wah." I plead with him to keep saying, "Ga-will-wah." He of course refuses which leads me to saying it about 50 times. Easton is in stitches at this point, laughing so hard and loudly that Matt peeks in to see what could possibly be so exciting at bedtime.
It is so very hard to watch the baby side fade away and the big boy side emerge but we can't stop it or even in slow it down so we just have to soak up every minute we possibly can!
Some of my other faves (I'm sure I'm forgetting some...)....
"So-peen" ....Lotion
"To infin-da-bee and bee-yawn!"...To infinity and beyond
"Pulley"...Pillow
"Unna-wears"...Underwear
"Foc-corn"...Popcorn
"Chalky Milk"...Chocolate Milk
"Mess-a-cee-ceet"...Sesame Street




3 comments:

  1. i remember at his 2nd bday party when we all made him say "so-peen!" like a hundred times!! it never got old. we laughed so hard each time like it was the first time we were hearing it :) EASTON: don't grow up too fast. i agree with ur mama, stay little a while longer please! (or at least still keep making up your own vocab..we all reallly enjoy it!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an adorable post....and yes treasure those years, as you can never get them back :)

    ReplyDelete