Tuesday, January 6, 2009

1st Trip to Disneyland


It's pouring rain, windier than...Chicago, and probably the coldest it's been in Southern California in at least 5 years (I might be slightly exaggerating...but it helps paint the picture, ok?!) Sounds like the perfect day to treat your child to their first Disneyland experience, right?!! Before we bought our insanely expensive tickets, I kept asking Matt, "Does this make us bad parents that we're subjecting our child to dang near arctic conditions?" ...So, I, the worrier of all things worrisome, told that crazy little voice inside my head to put a cork in it & away we went into the Happiest/Freakin' Coldest Place on Earth. Thankfully all the other worry wart parents decided to stay home & protect their children from pnemounia, so we never had to wait in line for a single ride. We rode everything that Easton's little 3 feet tall self could ride in no more than 4 hours. This was about the time we stopped for a snack & Easton said he wanted to go home. (Matt & I did the happy dance). I think he should consider a career as weatherman because on our trek back to the car the storm got REALLY ugly. We froze our fannies off, I had the worst case of hat head imaginable, and it took us over two hours to get home...but it was all worth it when Easton started signing,
"Yo Yo Yo Yo, a pirate's life for me." I like his verison better than the origingal! xo, Lw

2 comments:

  1. Lindsay! I'm so happy you are doing this! You won't regret the time you put into this to save the memories that are so fleeting! I love this blog about D-land because we have totally been there when it is miserable and we had to buy Buzz Lightyear umbrellas. I'm sad that it was so wet for you guys, but at least you toughed it out and I'm sure Easton had tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete