We have baby on the brain in our home these days. Easton is fascinated with them. He loves his cousin Logan to pieces. He adores his buddy Nolan's little sister Kenna (Their mama & I pray that some day they will fall in love and they will give us gorgeous blue-eyed grandbabies!) And now Ry and Val our expecting a sproutlet of pinkness that we can hardly wait to meet! The concept of pregnancy is slighty confusing to understand for a toddler. In the literal world of a 3-year-old, the idea that there is a baby in Val's tummy is mind blowing!! At one point he thought Ryan had the baby in his tummy! As Val's little tummy is growing though it does help to solidify the fact. He is constantly picking things out at the store that "Val's baby needs." Or saying sweet things like, "When Val's baby is bigger I will let her play with my cars."
The hardest part for him to comprehend is the issue of time...How long is it going to be before this baby finally gets here!?! Things to him exist only in terms of last night, today and tomorrow.
While having lunch today he asked me (for the 250th time), "When is Val's baby gonna be here?" I was trying to explain that she needs to stay in Valerie's tummy awhile longer so she can grow big & strong...he interrupts me and says, "Oh, she'll be here in 7 days."
Dear Sawyer,
I hope not to see you in 7 days, although I can not wait to greet you on the day you are born! 19 weeks to go!! Your cousin is beyond excited to meet you. I know you two will be the best of friends!
Keep up the good work little sprout!
Love you so much already!
P.S. It's soooooooooooo fun shopping for you! I can't stop!
xo
Soooo cute ;) Girls are soooooooooooo fun to shop for!!!
ReplyDeletei CAN'T wait to see Easton with Sawyer. I know they will be best friends too! I can't wait to get their pictures taken together...hopefull she will be half as photogenic as Mr. Easton, the stud muffin!...p.s. i freaked when i saw "only 19 weeks to go" eeeshk its coming fast!
ReplyDelete